Explore the best whiteboard animation software tools with their prices, features, and comparison. Select a whiteboard video editor that suits your needs:
Whiteboard Animation Software is an application for creating videos of images drawn on a whiteboard to explain a story.
Whiteboard animation videos are more popular these days because they are eye-catching and a good option to grab the audience’s attention. It will allow you to present the information clearly and quickly.
Whiteboard animation software
These whiteboard animation videos are eye-catching. You can present information and get your point across the right way. These videos help organizations to boost their business. These are how-to videos and help companies by explaining the history of new products, software demos, or methods to implement business strategy, etc.
What to look for in whiteboard animation software?
When planning to buy whiteboard animation software, be sure to consider the following …
- Voice-over support
- Custom drawing
- Free trial
One of the main things you need to decide is whether you are looking for premium or free whiteboard animation software.
The price you pay generally determines the features you get. The bonuses undoubtedly allow you to create flawless animations, while you will be very limited when using free software.
If you’re short on cash and need free software, be sure to consider the limitations. These include watermarks, recording time restrictions, and low-quality export options.
Most of the animations in the painting have a voice-over with narration that complements the drawings.
Some programs support voice-over recording, while others only allow you to import audio files. If you are considering using a voiceover, be sure to research those that have this feature to make your life easier.
Most whiteboard animation programs come with a library of ready-to-use doodle resources. This means that the squiggles will draw naturally as they have a drawing path attached.
Some of these libraries can be quite limited, so you may want to add your own images. Only certain software supports importing custom images with custom drawing paths.
With custom drawing paths, you can decide how images are drawn. In this way, the scribble animation appears more natural compared to a general movement of the hand to reveal the image.
When looking for a paid whiteboard animation software, you may want to give it a try before purchasing. Look for those that offer a free trial or free plan to familiarize yourself with the features and doodle library on offer.
If there is no free trial, the best thing to do is look for a money back guarantee.
Best whiteboard animation software
There are several tools available to accomplish this task and the following list is the recently identified best whiteboard animation software.
Check out our hand-picked list of the best animation video software for 2021 below:
According to its creators, Doodly is the easiest logo animation software to use; anyone can use it to create professional videos in minutes. As the name suggests, Doodly is used to create doodle videos. You can use it to engage and engage content for sales, marketing, classrooms, projects, etc.
The best thing about Doodly is that all you have to do is point and click. You don’t need to be a professional videographer or understand the code to use it; Anyone from young and inexperienced to more mature and experienced can use this software to design any type of video they want.
Doodly is ideal for any business, large or small. In our opinion, this is one of the best logo animation software.
- It is very easy to use; choose the image you want to use, click on it and drag it onto your canvas. Keep adding until you have the video you want.
- You can use it to create chalkboard, green board, glass board, and whiteboard images.
- You can draw and upload your own images with the patented Doodly Smart Draw technology.
- There is no limit to the number of images you can upload in a single video.
- The software offers a wide selection of male and female hands that help make the videos more personal and easy to identify.
- You can create your own voiceovers that you can upload to your video in seconds.
- You also get music tracks from a variety of genres.
- Doodly has thousands of images, and all of them are custom designed by a team of professional graphic designers.
- You can install Doodly on as many devices as you want.
- Buy the Standard plan for $ 39 / month to access 200 characters, 200 accessories and images, 20 royalty-free music tracks, and use it to create multiple videos on multiple devices.
- The Enterprise plan costs $ 69 / month and gives you access to 750 characters, 6,200 accessories and images, 150 music tracks, unlimited videos on unlimited devices, and a Doodly Club membership.
VideoMakerFX is software that makes it easy to create professional quality animation videos.
It can be used to create different types of animated videos that exactly match your presentation requirements and grab the attention of the audience.
Features associated with VideoMakerFX
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers.
- It works quickly, and the video creation process only takes a little longer on slower computers.
- No watermark or other limitations.
- There is the possibility of a monthly subscription. Each license allows its use on two computers.
- Over 20 great royalty-free music tracks for you to use. You can use your own affirmations in the videos.
- There is an excellent collection of backgrounds, images, and icons available for use with just a few clicks.
- There are 35 themes. It comes with over 240 customizable scenes for videos.
- Manuals and training materials are available with installation instructions for new users.
- The fully customized text editor allows you to create and add effects to your video text.
- Simple on / off function for all functions for easy operation.
VideoScribe is another great player in the field of whiteboard animation. Some reputable companies, such as the BBC and the World Bank Group, have used VideoScribe to create their own animations.
There is a very large library of free images to choose from (> 7,000 images), which already have animations attached. Custom image imports are also supported, however custom drawing paths cannot be edited directly in VideoScribe.
There are three pricing options for VideoScribe: monthly, yearly, and one-time. The prices are the cheapest on their annual plan, which is reasonably priced at $ 12 per month.
As mentioned, there is also a 7-day free trial so you can test the software before purchasing. However, the trial version has some limitations, including the presence of a watermark and the lack of support for HD videos.
Vyond, formerly GoAnimate, is premium online whiteboard animation software.
Unlike the other paid software on this list, Vyond is different in that it is browser-based software; But don’t let that put you off, I can assure you that Vyond has all the features you need to create great looking videos.
One of the best things about Vyond is the feeling of freedom to really customize your whiteboard animations the way you want. For example, you can change the facial expression of each doodle character. Do you want to confuse them? It only takes 2 clicks!
You can even create your own doodle characters from scratch using its design assistant!
Creating voiceovers with Vyond is also very easy. You can record directly into the software, download an audio file, or use its advanced text-to-speech function.
Pricing for Vyond starts at around $ 25 per month (billed annually); however, their cheapest plan will include a Vyond logo in the corner of the video.
If you want to see what Vyond can do for you, you can take advantage of its completely free 14-day trial (no credit card information required).
Best for creating videos online with the help of customizable templates.
Launched in 2012, Moovly is an online application that will allow you to create innovative, promotional and explanatory videos.
- Animations and transition effects.
- Collaboration and workflow management.
- It has more than a million active people.
- Group and user management.
- Works great with Chrome or Firefox.
- Stream videos directly to YouTube, Vimeo, and other platforms.
- Export HD quality videos.
Verdict: Moovly is an easy-to-use animation tool with advanced features at an affordable price. Supports multiple languages, such as English, Czech, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Spanish, etc. With all the amazing features, Moovly can improve in some areas like the availability of models and the amount of free audios.
Price: Although Moovly offers a free plan option, the maximum video length will be limited to just 2 minutes. The other two paid plans are,
- Pro Plan – $ 49 / month
- Maximum plan: $ 99 / month
Try Website: Moovly
Best for creating animation and live-action videos. It is best for beginners, non-designers, & even professionals.
Released in 2014, Animaker is a cloud-based animation video maker, which allows the user to create how-to videos using several pre-built templates. He introduced millennial characters to ensure that marketing videos look more engaging and professional. He has over 50 human voice overs in 25 different languages.
The latest version of Animaker Video Creation Tools has the following updates:
- Over 50 unique transition effects.
- This has taken gender parity to the next level.
- Catchy introductory part.
- 5 times better rendering quality.
- 3 times faster software loading time.
- Over 500 similar animations.
Verdict: Based on customer reviews from various websites, Animaker allows most of the features to be used during free trials, so you can give it a try.
Price: Animaker will give you 3 different payment plan options.
- Basic plan – $ 10 / month
- Starter plan – $ 19 / month
- Pro plan – $ 39 / month
Try Website: Animaker
7. Animatron Studio
Best for creating marketing videos, HTML5, & video animation.
Founded in USA in 2011, Animatron Studio is a very flexible and powerful online animation video maker that will make it easy for you to create stunning animations.
- Free templates with customization option
- Anyone can create beautiful instructional or animation videos without professional help
- The design is simpler
- Massive download
Verdict: Based on online reviews, it is packed with important features like mobile screen support, social media sharing, branding overlay, captions, privacy options, video looping and many others. On the other hand, some people expressed their disappointment with the free videos and also mentioned that the speed of Animatron could have been better.
Overall, it can be said that the platform offers wide reach at an affordable price.
Price: Animatron Studio offers two different packages to its users.
- Pro plan – $ 30 / month
- Business plan – $ 60 / month
Try Website: Animatron
A whiteboard animation would be a perfect addition to your website, social media posts, and even newsletters. We’ve reviewed the 12 best whiteboard animation software tools along with a few more. Ultimately, we would like to say that the right whiteboard animation software will give your business the perfect start for video marketing.
We hope this article will help you choose the right solution for your business.
What software is used for whiteboard animation?
Videoscribe from Sparkol is categorized as the best whiteboard animation software of all. It supports both MAC and PC. Also, Videoscribe can be used with Android, iPhone, iPad or Kindle Fire devices.
How much does a 2 minute animation cost?
With a small animation studio vs. a feature animation studio, you could expect charges anywhere from $100 to $200 per one minute of animation. Multiple factors affect the overall price of an animation project, however, just be mindful of the complexity of your animation as that will ultimately determine the cost.
Is Microsoft whiteboard free?
Whiteboard is available as a free app for Windows and iOS, accessible to anyone with a Microsoft account. That said, to really make the most of it – and to use the powerful web app – you’ll want a Microsoft 365 subscription.
Is animation cheaper than live action?
Animation is more malleable in terms of how you can simplify its costs, but a good animation will involve many specialized talents and require as much budget as live-action. Just as you can do live action with budgets of all sizes, the same applies to animation. More budget allows better and more sophisticated outputs.