Video content is slowly becoming the king of online information. Over 85% of Internet users prefer video to other types of content. It is therefore no wonder that the online video hosting platform YouTube is currently the second largest search engine.
When it comes to using videos for commercial purposes like video marketing, free online video hosting platforms like YouTube fall short.
This is where professional online video (OVP) platforms come in. These video solutions provide businesses with many benefits, from live streaming and monetization models to video marketing support.
I’m going to talk about some of the most popular online video platforms that you can try this year based on which is the best, its important features, and its price. I will also try to answer some common questions you might have regarding any type of PVO.
What are the video platforms?
Video platforms allow users to download, store and stream veo content, and use it for marketing purposes (eg, lead generation, conversion, advertising). They can also be referred to as video clouds, video players, or video hosting platforms.
Content includes product demonstration videos, training / training videos or webinars. In addition to hosting pre-recorded videos on demand, concerts allow users to broadcast live events. Another use case is education and job training videos.
Video streaming platforms distinguish between video streaming platforms, which are intended for professional use. Video platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram’s IGTV font work for businesses that are setting up a place for their brand on social resources. Video streaming platforms are home-based organizations or businesses that provide easily accessible video storage and not subject to the general content restrictions imposed by standard video platforms. They may also be more suitable in cases where the videos need to be private, typically for internal use.
Before investing in a paid video platform, users should consider whether the use of video is clean or the use of a bestseller-friendly health service.
Users for uploading and storing videos on own website and offer the route of “self-hosting”. For users who are building the website on WordPress, it will provide uploading their videos using WP’s “file uploader” tool.
For people or businesses that don’t upload new videos frequently, this can be a good option. Users who decide to host their own videos also have more branding freedom. In revenge, some free video hosts like YouTube keep their own brand image.
However, there are a few drawbacks associated with self-hosted videos that you should be aware of:
- Since video files are large, hosting your own video content will take up a lot of space.
- it can also mean longer page load times and less reliable reading
- Loading and setting up your own video files will take a long time and require video jacket encoding with different playback options
If you choose to enter the business to create free video content, free or paid video platform but premium option. From websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, Facebook, and Instagram allow individuals and businesses to download videos for free, but with limitations.
South of a platform or free ski pass, users have limited space, but they can control the brand of the video player and have limited access to customer support. However, if you want a low budget video management solution, these websites may be right for your business.
Invest in a paid video platform that provides users with the most space and support for their video hosting needs. The list of video platforms converts videos compatible with the most popular web browsers, thus reducing the workload of the end user.
From the names, plates, make it possible to define rules of use, to configure confidentiality restrictions or other security measures. For example, make videos available only on certain domains, restrict certain IP addresses, or password protect videos. Paid subscriptions also provide access to customer support that can help users troubleshoot video creation or download issues.
The most important part of marketing and sales users is that video collection platforms allow other video users to control the branding of their video images.
Content security and accessibility
Enterprise video platforms host video files in a secure but accessible environment. Users can control access to sensitive data, but can also share video content by sending an email or inserting a link on a website. Users can embed a link on internal (employees only) or external (client side) sites. Some platforms also allow downloading of video files; however, not all video platform products include this functionality.
Characteristics and capabilities of video platforms.
Here are some of the basic features of most video platforms:
- Video creation and editing tools – Allows users to create and edit videos before uploading them.
- Analytics – Allows users to monitor viewer engagement and video streaming quality.
- Integrations – Viewer data can be merged with user’s CRM and / or Marketing Automation System.
- Video players / playlists – Ability for users to create container / placeholder link which will not break even if video content is changed / updated.
- Video Sharing: Ability to share videos hosted worldwide, even in countries / regions subject to video censorship.
- Subtitles: Videos include subtitles or integrate with third-party caption services.
- Data Security – Users can monitor internal videos containing sensitive data, with easy-to-access controls over who can view / share content.
- Metadata Options – Ability to use tools such as video tags, descriptions, and summaries to facilitate content searches and improve SEO for embedded videos.
Comparison of video platforms
To help you narrow down the list of products you are reviewing, consider these 3 key factors:
- Do you plan to edit videos on the platform or before uploading files? Some providers offer editing tools or services, while others just provide the downloaded video files as is.
- Another important aspect of the major professional video platforms is the compatibility with mobile devices. Videos (like any other web content) should be playable on a variety of devices. However, mobile access may be more important for some use cases than others (eg, consumer marketing, salesperson training).
- What level of brand security and control will your business need? Free video hosting platforms or free plans usually don’t offer much in terms of branding. In addition, they often do not offer as many security features as payment platforms. Paid video hosting platforms will provide maximum brand control, security features, and access to customer support.
Paid video platform software is typically billed on a monthly subscription basis. The price starts between $ 80 and $ 100 per month and increases with the amount of use, the size of the business, and the features required. However, some vendors offer free versions and / or free trials of their software.
Enterprise solutions may charge a one-time upfront fee, which can cost a few thousand dollars, as well as a monthly subscription. Not all sellers openly disclose prices on their website, but will provide them upon request.
Best Video Platforms in 2022
Streaming video for a large user base with over 175 million users worldwide, Vimeo is in action in 150 countries.
It is one of the favorite video sharing platform and provides secure interface for users. This YouTube alternative has a video upload limit of 500MB.
The provision of ad-free streaming from Vimeo has been its most notable feature. Since its launch, it has been known to have balanced privacy and security settings.
Vimeo offers solutions for professionals, media companies and businesses. You can choose from different options available on the Plus to Business plan and have 7 TB of data storage depending on the nature of your use.
Launched in 2005, Dailymotion is an entertaining video streaming platform and the second in the world. According to recent data, this video platform has around 300 million unique monthly users.
Dailymotion limits daily video downloads to 2 hours with a maximum of 96 video download allowances per day.
The layout and navigation panel of Dailymotion site is very similar to Youtube, making it one of the best video streaming sites like YouTube.
Dailymotion offers similar functions to other video sites like Youtube where users can watch and download videos. Offers an age restriction feature that protects children from sensitive content.
Regarding privacy, it provides public, private and password protected videos.
A video uploaded daily by your favorite artist cannot be uploaded directly, but a simple browser extension can do the same. It is one of the most popular video platforms like YouTube.
Do you want to share videos and pictures so much? Flickr is for you!
Flickr has been around since 2004. According to a report, it has over 60 million monthly users. This YouTube alternative is a free video and image sharing platform. Users can stream one million videos at no cost.
Limit downloading videos to 1 GB with a maximum tile slot of 90 minutes. Additionally, Flickr gives creators the power to customize download access for their Flickr fans.
Flickr still struggles to gain real visibility in the market, as Instagram has been its main obstacle.
Ultron is another online video platform like YouTube. It also allows users to follow their favorite influencers with a subscription system. It was founded in 2009.
What makes them attractive is the fact that there are no hidden algorithms to promote or limit channels and videos. Especially at a time when creators are questioning YouTube’s unfair demonetization.
Like any popular video platform, Utreon also lets you create your own innovative videos. From regular blogs to series of several episodes.
As the world’s largest music video provider, Vevo provides a platform for emerging artists to showcase their music. With the free video streaming experience, the user does not need to register to consume videos.
Vevo is the abbreviation for “Video evolution” and was founded on December 8, 2009.
With a list of prestigious distributors, Vevo has been the choice of many artists for music release. Hailing from the United States, Vevo represents the evolution of video and has provided many creators with its massive successes.
The biggest difference between websites like YouTube and Vevo is that Vevo offers personalized experiences for users to explore music videos performed by artists.
Recently, an agreement was signed between Vevo and YouTube on the granting of free streaming of Vevo videos on YouTube. This deal benefited Vevo with a whole new user base and also benefited YouTube in several ways. Hence, it is a good alternative for YouTube.
6. Hippo Video
Hippo Video is an all-in-one video marketing suite as well as a video hosting site. It has its own video player and you will have your own landing page to customize each video if you have one of the cheaper plans (embedded videos are only available on the Pro plan and above).
The marketing capabilities of the service allow you to acquire more leads, increase sales, and better understand your audience through video content.
What are the best features of Hippo Video?
- Video Entry Forms – Inserting online entry forms before or after videos is great, but not as efficient as placing them in the video player, where the viewer’s eyes are focused.
- Professional Videos: Hippo Video offers a professional video editor that you can use to polish your videos without third-party editing software. You can also customize the video player with a custom branding and your hosted landing pages with a custom domain.
- Customer service capabilities: This service integrates with tools such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, Intercom, and Zoho Desk, allowing you to accept support tickets by video. It also supports video conferencing.
Who is Hippo Video for?
Hippo Video is a fantastic option for creators who want private, ad-free, platform-free video hosting at an affordable price and without the need to rely on a tool like Jetpack, which requires the use of WordPress.com.
It is also one of the best solutions for entrepreneurs who want to grow their business with video marketing.
This service has its limits. Bandwidth is limited to 200GB, for example. You also cannot download videos larger than 3GB and the highest resolution you can use is 1080p.
Each plan also has a limit on the number of minutes each video can be, starting with 15 minutes / video with the free plan and up to a maximum of 120 minutes / video with the most expensive plan. You also can’t embed videos unless you pay for the Pro plan or higher.
You can get started with Hippo Video for free with premium plans starting at $ 23 / month.
SproutVideo is a direct competitor to Hippo Video because it is a video hosting site that offers marketing features. It doesn’t offer as many features, but it does offer more in the most important areas, including bandwidth and video resolutions.
However, this is another service that offers ad-free video hosting at an affordable price.
What can SproutVideo do for you?
- Lead Marketing – Capture more leads and direct visitors to key landing pages with video-to-action calls and post-video displays.
- Restrict access: Restrict access to your videos in various ways, from making them public to password-protecting them. You can also limit access to logged in users (logged in to SproutVideo, not WordPress) or to certain countries and IP addresses.
- Video Analytics – View and monitor video analytics with statistics on number of views, visitors, view rate, hours viewed, and average engagement. You can also see which countries your viewers are viewing from and which domains they are using, such as your website, Twitter, etc.
- Customizable Video Player: SproutVideo uses an unbranded video player. You can customize the colors you present as well as the way your videos work for your viewers. Video sharing on social media is also available.
Who should use SproutVideo?
SproutVideo is another great option for creators who want ad-free videos that aren’t tied to a platform with an embedded audience. It’s a more expensive option than Hippo Video starting at $ 24.99 / month and with no annual options, but it does come with a maximum bandwidth limit of 500GB.
There are also no file size restrictions as long as you stay below the 500GB storage limit, after which you’ll have to pay $ 0.08-0.25 per gig. You can also download videos with resolutions up to 8K.
Veoh is an online video platform founded in California. It was developed by Dmitry Shapiro and released in 2004. It allows its users to customize video streaming.
It streams unique studio content and content from independent video production houses. You can also deliver user-generated videos to clients on the platform.
This platform offers the ability to download videos of any length, which is rare to find on alternative YouTube sites.
Recently, when people were talking about Veoh, the only recurring thing was an excessive increase of ads on the platform. But, if they work on this problem, it can become one of the best online video platform like YouTube.
Here is our list of the best video hosting sites for content creators and entrepreneurs to use outside of YouTube.
If you are looking for a YouTube alternative, one of these platforms should do exactly what you need.
Each of these services has different pricing structures, but which one you decide to use will depend on the number of videos you create, the file sizes and resolutions you use, and what additional tools you use.
Which are the best video platforms like youtube with less restrictions?
Below are some of the best video platforms with less restrictions
Is there a good alternative to YouTube?
Few alternate video platforms similar to Youtube include Dailymotion, Vimeo, Twitch, DTube, Vevo, Flickr, Veoh which offer users a variety of options for uploading and viewing content.
Why should you look for Youtube Alternatives?
Few reasons to prefer other video platforms
1. YouTube tracks lots of aspects of your behavior. If that is something which you can avoid you can consider using other video platforms
2. There are more innovative video platforms to consider where you get engaging content and different features.