Our subscription management software reviews are the result of over 40 hours of research on more than 50 subscription management software vendors on the web. These reviews and our guide to subscription management software help small businesses and startups find the best subscription management software for their business.
What is subscription management software?
More companies than ever are offering subscription services to their customers. Using a subscription management system automates recurring billing processes so that your customers can stay subscribed to your e-commerce services.
Subscription management software reduces your daily workload by controlling the customer lifecycle. For example, the system allows customers to sign up for trial offers, renew their membership and schedule payments. Plus, subscription solutions are compatible with billing software so you have full control over your e-commerce platform.
Features of subscription management software
- Subscription Dashboard – Get an overview of all your customers’ subscriptions simultaneously in one dashboard
- Invoice generation: create personalized invoices for customers based on their subscription plan
- Credit Card Management – Securely store customers’ credit card information online to make subscription payments
- Automated Payments: Allow customers to schedule payments in advance to avoid coverage and service disruptions.
- Test Management – Allows users to register for temporary tests and manage cancellation or renewal.
- Management of cancellations and suspensions: permanent or temporary discontinuation of subscription services due to late or canceled payments
- Payment Reports: Receive updates on customer payments
- Renewal management: see which subscriptions are about to expire and start the renewal process to avoid losses
- Loyalty Programs – Keep track of repeat customers and offer special loyalty benefits.
- Paid scale: invoicing of subscriptions on a weekly, monthly or annual basis; view your scheduled payments in advance
How we choose the best subscription management software
For all of these subscription purchases to work, subscription companies need the right tools to manage subscriptions, unsubscribes, credit card processing, bill reminders, and other customer-related tasks. Meanwhile, the same companies need subscription software that provides them with detailed reports on the number of subscribers, the number of new subscribers each month and the number of legal subscribers, and overall revenue. We have therefore reviewed the 15 best subscription management software available, taking into account specific criteria:
Subscription management features
If you are planning to purchase subscription management software, you should make sure that it will support the most important tasks required for a subscription-based business. We recommend software with many useful features for subscription management, such as recurring billing, a self-service portal, trial management, and cancellation management.
The right subscription management software will work well with other programs used by a business. The software should have pre-built integrations for important things like payment gateways, marketing platforms, and other tools that are often used with subscription management software.
The world’s best subscription management software won’t help you if you don’t know how it is helping you. Providing businesses with the right kind of data is essential. Detailed reports help the user to measure the performance of their subscription services.
Best Subscription Management Software in 2022
While the market is saturated with many tools, not all software is right for you. To make things easier for you, we have listed the best subscription management software in 2022; you can start using it right away.
Chargebee is a subscription management application that can help you optimize your billing operations. This software works well for SaaS / PaaS, eCommerce, and other subscription models. You can use it to automate billing and collection of payments, as well as to send notifications to customers about their accounts.
- Tracking management allows you to control credit card rejections, reduce the churn rate, and recoup lost income.
- Automated plugins for you to sell easily.
- Abandoned cart tracking allows you to measure the number of visitors / customers who leave the checkout without making a purchase.
- Let customers manage their subscription service themselves, view invoices, update billing or payment options, and more.
- Billing meter so you can bill customers based on how they use your app or add overages to a base charge.
Price: Plans range from $ 249 to $ 549 + / month.
Patreon is a membership platform used by creators to easily get paid. Many creators use Patreon to develop a recurring income stream, creating and selling access to their content through a monthly subscription. This gives creators direct access to their customer base so they can create the content their audience wants. It is one of the most used platforms in the designer economy.
- Build relationships with your customers through posts, messages, or directly via email.
- Track customer payments, lifetime value, and notes to help directly manage customer relationships.
- Integrate with third party apps like Discord, Crowdcast, etc.
- Message your customers and monitor your membership activity with native iOS and Android apps available on the App Store.
- Learn how to effectively run your creative business with Patreon Workshops, a world-class knowledge base, and other resources for creators.
Price: You will pay for the payment processing plus a range of 5% to 12% of your monthly income earned on the platform.
3. Stripe Billing
Stripe Billing is the subscription management application created by the Stripe payment gateway. It is a billing and billing software that includes functionalities such as customizable invoices, reminder management, contact database, billing portal, contingency billing, mobile payments, online billing and payments, and subscription billing.
- Charge subscribers or send invoices every billing cycle.
- Let your customers manage their subscription plan and billing details from a secure page hosted by Stripe.
- Automatically send data from Stripe to NetSuite, an ERP system for finance, accounting, and e-commerce.
- Automatically reconcile invoices paid by ACH credit or bank transfers.
- Send an invoice or charge a customer a one-time fee.
Price: you will pay between 0.5% and 0.8% in recurring charges.
ProfitWell is the leading subscription management software that provides you with accurate subscription reporting and analysis.
Some of the major subscription companies use it, such as Canva, Notion, Masterclass, Meetup, etc.
ProfitWell is more specialized in pricing, pricing strategy and marketing analysis.
Long-term optimization: This new feature automatically identifies customers who are ready for a long-term upgrade. The software can communicate via email, in-app notifications, SMS and provides a hassle-free one-click upgrade experience.
Segmentation: ProfitWell’s offers default integrations with powerful tools like Full Contact and Clearbit, to help you understand how your subscription business is growing. You can filter the data by various segments such as gender, location, usage, and others 107.
Financial Reporting – Accuracy is difficult, but with ProfitWell you can really see all the edges of your Monthly Recurring Income (MRR) in detail.
ProfitWell’s pricing structure is quite flexible by all means. You can get free metrics with the ProfitWell Metrics Plan, which also has amazing features like API integrations, targeting, immediate help, and 5 minute setup.
If you want more customization and support, your Enterprise plan has you covered. He should chat with his team to find out more.
Pabbly claims to be the only software that doesn’t limit your business in terms of revenue and customers.
This subscription management software is forever free with 0% transaction fees.
Pabbly also claims to be the only subscription software that offers an integrated affiliate management system.
Unlimited Products and Plans – You can create unlimited products and plans within a single account.
Custom domain – You can replace Pabbly with your company name (custom domain) for all customer service pages.
Upgrade / Downgrade – You can handle all plan upgrade requests in the system itself.
Pabbly offers different pricing plans as follows:
Incoming: $ 19 / mo and suitable for businesses with up to 50 clients.
Beginner: Costs $ 37 / mo and is suitable for businesses with up to 1,000 clients.
Benefit: It costs $ 57 / month and is suitable for businesses with up to 1,500 customers.
Upfront: Costs $ 79 / month and is suitable for businesses with up to 2,500 customers.
The best part is that all the pricing methods include all the features that Pabbly offers. The difference lies in the customers.
6. Zoho subscriptions
While Zoho is known for its powerful suite of products and solutions, Zoho Subscriptions is known for being the complete recurring subscription management software.
From invoicing to personalization, Zoho takes care of it all.
With Zoho subscriptions, you can automate recurring billing, submit tax-compliant business invoices, manage subscriptions, and ultimately get paid on time.
Try Zoho’s free trial to see if the software is right for your business.
- Custom Invoices – You can customize every aspect of your invoice before sending it to customers. Zoho has plenty of templates for you to choose from.
- Powerful Integrations: Zoho comes with various integrations such as Zoho Apps, Payment Gateways, Content Management Systems, G-Suite, and Cloud Integrators.
- Self-Service Portal – With Zoho subscriptions, users can access their subscription information such as subscription plans, invoices, statements, discounts, coupons, etc.
Zoho offers a simple pricing structure as well as a 15-day free trial plan.
- BASIC: The BASIC plan costs $ 49 / month and offers administration to 500 clients, 3 users and 3 automated workflows.
- STANDARD: The STANDARD plan costs $ 99 per month and allows management of 2,000 clients, 5 users, and 10 automated workflows.
- PROFESSIONAL: The PROFESSIONAL plan costs $ 249 / month and offers administration to 5,000 clients, 10 users and 10 automated workflows.
Chargify is subscription management software designed for B2B SaaS companies. It offers automated processing of billing and credit card payments, as well as the elimination of access to unpaid accounts. Chargify also has automations and workflows that can take clients from signing up to everything in between.
- One central place to track all your customers’ subscription details.
- Personalize the sign-up experience to reduce friction and make it easier for website visitors to become paying customers.
- Allow customers to upgrade or downgrade products, view billing history, and manage account information through the billing portal.
- Send automated email communications using highly customizable email templates.
- Monitor high-value conversions, expand / hire revenue, and potential churn risks with revenue alerts.
Pricing: Pricing ranges from $ 299 to $ 499 + / month.
SaaSOptics is another subscription management software for B2B SaaS companies. It is a cloud-based solution that enables companies to quickly obtain accurate metrics and analysis, personalize billing and payments, and streamline financial operations.
- Automatically sync orders between your CRM and your general ledger.
- Ensure fast and efficient billing and collections.
- Spend less time on overdue payments with collection emails and escalations sent by the system.
- Activate renewal opportunities to start weeks or months in advance.
Prices: Prices available on request.
All of the subscription management software mentioned above offers clear optimization for any subscription-based business. We provided you with the best subscription management software out there and now the ball is in your court.
List your needs, cool features, and an approximate number to choose the right subscription management software for your business.
How do I manage all my subscriptions?
Android users can do the same from Google Play. Click your profile icon in the app and select Payments & subscriptions > Subscriptions to view a list of services you signed up for through the Play store.
What is subscription billing software?
Subscription billing software manages recurring billing for companies offering subscription-based products and services. This type of software generates invoices for various subscription plans and billing frequencies.
Why do I need subscription management software?
The only way to leverage your subscription-based business is to integrate with subscription management software. Why?
It automates almost every recurring event, generates timely reports, processes multiple payment options, and it is super affordable.