SiteGround is a high-quality provider known for being safe, fast, and reliable. But there are some good SiteGround alternatives that are worth considering, especially if you are looking for a cheaper option.
SiteGround is a high-quality provider known for being safe, fast, and reliable. However, there are many SiteGround alternatives that are worth considering, especially if you are looking for a cheaper option.
BEST SITEGROUND ALTERNATIVES IN 2022
The best SiteGround alternatives for most people include GreenGeeks (the best budget alternative), A2 Hosting (the best alternative for advanced features), and Cloudways (the best general alternative):
- A2 hosting
Cloudways is a great alternative to SiteGround for more advanced users.
Use a different approach than all of these other alternatives. In fact, Cloudways is not a traditional “host”. Instead, it’s a managed dashboard that lets you choose your own cloud hosting from providers like DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode, Google Cloud, or AWS. Since your website will be hosted on a cloud server, you can expect 100% uptime. Cloudways customer support is excellent and responsive.
The end result is quite similar to traditional hosting, but this approach of going straight to the big cloud hosting providers allows you to achieve surprisingly good performance at a very low cost. There are no arbitrary limits either: as long as you choose a cloud VPS with enough power, it will never shut down because “your CPU ran out of seconds” or something like that.
- Automatic backups for external storage
- Easy to prepare sites
- Free SSL certificates
- Server-level caching via Varnish and the built-in Breeze cache plugin
- Built-in CDN (with additional cost)
Cloudways offers a wide range of cloud hosting plans through partnerships with Digital Ocean, Linode, Vultr, AWS, and Google Cloud. Each data center provider has different costs, and monthly and hourly billing is available.
|Digital Ocean||From $10/month or $0.0139/hour|
|Linode||From $12/month or $0.0167/hour|
|Vultr||From $11/month or $0.0153/hour|
|AWS||From $36.51/month or $0.0507/hour|
|Google Cloud||From $33.18/month or $0.0461/hour|
- Excellent performance at all levels
- Fully scalable cloud hosting solutions
- Highly redundant cloud infrastructure to minimize downtime
- Cloud infrastructure from DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Computing Engine (GCE)
- SSD hosting, Nginx / Apache servers, Varnish / Memcached cache, PHP7, HTTP / 2, Redis support
- Unlimited 1-click WordPress installs and trial sites, pre-installed Git and WP-CLI integration
- Free site migration service, free automated backups, SSL certificate, CDN and dedicated IP
- Pay-as-you-go pricing without locked contracts
- No domain registration portal
- Email hosting is not available
- CPanel and Plesk control panels are missing
Why Cloudways is a good alternative to SiteGround:
If you are looking for a high quality, reliable web host that you can trust, I don’t think you can look any further than Cloudways. Their cloud network is excellent and provides highly redundant hosting at all levels.
I always love when a company goes the extra mile, which is exactly what GreenGeeks does.
With its ecological hosting services, it is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions and providing a sustainable service in all areas.
- Great value for the price
- The green host
- Options for almost all users
Additionally, the GreenGeeks platform has been designed for efficiency, security, and performance. The value for money here is excellent and I can’t recommend this SiteGround alternative highly enough if you’re looking for a budget hosting option.
- Great value for the price
- Focus on green housing
- Excellent security features
- Free domain name
- Unlimited disk space and data transfer
- Free site migration service
- Nightly automatic data backups
- Fast servers (LiteSpeed using SSD, HTTP / 2, PHP7, built-in caching and more)
- The prices for the renovation are a bit high.
- Support services could be better
- Dedicated servers are expensive
There are options for everyone here, with everything from inexpensive shared hosting to high-end dedicated server plans. Prices start at $ 2.49 per month, which is the cheapest I have seen.
However, keep in mind that you will have to pay higher prices when renewing.
|Shared Hosting||From $2.49/month|
|WordPress Hosting||From $2.49/month|
|VPS Hosting||From $39.95/month|
|Dedicated Servers||From $169.00/month|
|Reseller Hosting||From $19.95/month|
Why GreenGeeks is a good alternative to SiteGround:
If you are looking for sites like SiteGround that are inexpensive and offer great value, GreenGeeks should be at the top of your list.
3. A2 HOSTING
A2 Hosting is another popular independent shared host, just like SiteGround.
As an inexpensive shared hosting, A2 Hosting offers great performance, especially on Turbo plans that offer LiteSpeed server and caching along with other performance settings. A2hosting offers SSD storage and offers unlimited storage and bandwidth.
Despite this, A2 Hosting is still much more affordable than SiteGround, especially after SiteGround’s latest price hike. You also get unlimited storage and bandwidth on all but the cheapest plans. Find out more about A2 hosting in my detailed A2 hosting review.
- Free SSL certificates
- Data Centers in North America, Europe and Asia (Singapore)
- Staging sites.
- Excellent performance
- Highly scalable solutions
- Impressive ecommerce features
- LiteSpeed Turbo servers: 20x faster loading pages
- Free HTTP / 2, PHP7, SSD and CloudFlare CDN and HackScan
- Free website and WordPress migrations are pre-installed
- Server rewind tool and free automatic daily backup
- Preset for security and free SSL with Let’s Encrypt
- A2 Site Accelerator (TurboCache, OPcache / APC, Memcache)
- No free site migrations
- Support can be slow
- The cheapest plans are a bit basic.
There is a selection of options available to almost all users. Budget shared hosting starts from $ 2.99 per month, but I recommend opting for a managed VPS plan (starting at $ 39.99 per month) if you want to start a new eCommerce store.
|Shared Hosting||From $2.99/month|
|WordPress Hosting||From $2.99/month|
|Managed VPS Hosting||From $39.99/month|
|Unmanaged VPS Hosting||From $4.99/month|
|Dedicated Servers||From $99.59/month|
|Reseller Hosting||From $18.99/month|
Why A2 Hosting is a good alternative to SiteGround:
In my experience, A2 Hosting is the best alternative for those who are starting an online store or who need LiteSpeed servers. With the included features, you’ll be ahead of the competition before you even get started.
Kinsta should follow my favorite SiteGround competitors. Despite its relatively high prices, it offers the best value for money I have ever seen.
Their managed WordPress hosting solutions cover all the bases. There are countless WordPress-specific security and performance features, and the Kinsta team will take care of all aspects of your server’s technical management.
- Multipurpose Managed WordPress Hosting
- Options for users of all skill levels
- Awesome WordPress specific security features
- Backed by the power of Google Cloud Platform
- WordPress-specific security features
- Unlimited free site migrations from certain competitors
- Powered by Google Cloud Platform (same technology Google uses)
- Fast and secure server stack (PHP 7.4, HTTP / 2, NGINX, MariaDB)
- Free backups and server-side caching (no need for separate caching plugins)
- Free SSL and CDN (KeyCDN integration)
- WordPress centric security (DDoS detection, hardware firewalls, etc.)
- Unlimited free site migrations from WP Engine, Flywheel, Pantheon, Cloudways, and DreamHost
- Lack of email hosting
- More expensive than some competitors
- Telephone support is absent
Kinsta only offers managed WordPress hosting. There are ten plans available, each with different server resources and number of authorized visitors. Prices range from $ 30 to $ 1,500 per month, and you can get two months free if you pay a full year up front.
Why Kinsta is a good alternative to SiteGround:
SiteGround’s cloud hosting is great but pretty generic. With Kinsta, you have everything you need to build a fast and secure WordPress website without having any technical knowledge.
Bluehost is a great and affordable alternative to SiteGround for two reasons:
- Bluehost’s prices are lower than SiteGround’s, especially after SiteGround’s recent price hike. You also get a free domain name for your first year, which SiteGround doesn’t offer.
- Bluehost gives you unlimited resources, while SiteGround puts limits on your storage and CPU seconds.
- Easy to use WordPress installation tool for beginners
- Free SSL certificates
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Transit sites
- Great WordPress Features for Beginners
- Excellent focus on safety
- WordPress Free Trial Environment
- Free domain name for one year
- Free SSD on all shared hosting plans
- Caching PHP7, HTTP / 2, NGINX
- Easy 1-click WordPress installation and officially recommended by WordPress.org
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate and Cloudflare CDN
- No free automatic backups
- Selling higher can be frustrating
- Very average customer service
Bluehost offers a selection of shared, VPS, WordPress, and dedicated server hosting options, with prices starting at just $ 3.95 per month.
|Shared Hosting||From $3.95/month|
|Basic WordPress Hosting||From $3.95/month|
|Managed WordPress Hosting||From $14.95/month|
|VPS Hosting||From $19.99/month|
|Dedicated Server Hosting||From $79.99/month|
Why Bluehost is a good alternative to SiteGround:
If you’re looking for a web host that’s beginner-friendly, backed by affordable pricing, and focused on building WordPress sites, Bluehost is one of the best SiteGround alternatives I’ve seen.
For many people, creating a new website is exciting and easier than ever. And that’s where web servers like SiteGround come into play.
At the most basic level, a web server provides the hardware and other infrastructure to store your website files and deliver them to your visitors. But that is not all.
Different web servers offer vastly different features, performance, and value for money, and I always recommend spending a decent amount of time selecting the right provider for your needs.
But this is certainly not the only option to consider.
The world of web hosting is large and different users will better adapt to different hosts.
Cloudways is a great all-around option, while A2 Hosting has a feature list comparable to SiteGround.
Ultimately, there is a clear message I want to get across here:
“There is no better web host for everyone’s needs”
Of course, SiteGround will be the best option for many people, but I highly recommend considering some of the sites like SiteGround on this list before making a decision.
What is better than SiteGround?
You will receive automatic updates, easy test sites, and built-in caching for speed, making Bluehost a worthy alternative to SiteGround. Based on our testing, SiteGround offers better performance and overall customer support. However, Bluehost is still a great option if you are on a budget.
Is SiteGround overpriced?
SiteGround is definitely more expensive compared to the other big names in hosting. It might not seem that way when you look at the prices on their shared hosting page, but that’s because they have deep discounts.
Is SiteGround good for beginners?
SiteGround is another popular web host with a custom beginner-friendly dashboard, an easy onboarding process, and excellent support. SiteGround is a little pricier than Bluehost, but they make up for that with some of the best support in the hosting industry.