The digital world is changing at a quantum rate, so we all feel globally connected. Gone are the days when we had to store large amounts of documents and files to store and record information on paper. The concept of a paperless office is not only environmentally friendly, it also ensures a smart way to store important information. Well, not just offices, now we prefer to store everything digitally, from our shopping lists to photos and just about everything.
What’s your usual approach when it comes to scanning documents or images? Previously, a dedicated scanning machine was used to get the job done, but thanks to the evolution of smartphones, we can now instantly click an image, store it digitally, and share it on any device.
Are you looking for the best scanning software for Windows? Well you have come to the right place. Here is the best photo scanning software for Windows that will allow you to scan your documents and photos with the best quality effortlessly.
What is Scanning Software?
In this rapidly changing world of scanning, scanning software can be of great help in easily creating, scanning, editing or evaluating documents and images. The scanning software comes with many great features that allow you to make instant edits to your documents or photos before storing them digitally.
Apart from this, the scanning software also allows you to easily convert your photos to PDF format for quick edits and make the necessary edits to process your documents and photos.
Best Photo Scanning Software 2022
1. Adobe Acrobat DC
A powerful tool from the software behemoth
If there’s a software vendor that can handle one or two documents, it’s Adobe, and when it comes to PDF files, you’re in good hands with Acrobat DC, which stands for “Document Cloud”. used Adobe Acrobat Reader to open one PDF at a time.
The platform allows you to create PDF files from almost anywhere: Microsoft Office applications, your phone’s camera when you are on the go, HTML pages and even emails, sheets. calculator and disparate documents that can be combined and organized into one. to file.
Key features include passwords and permissions for added security, standardized templates to keep your documents in a consistent style, the ability to edit and annotate both normal text and data in tables, a comparison tool to identify the differences between different document versions and conversions. ‘from PDF to Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Storing all those converted files is also easy with Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box integrations.
With Adobe Acrobat, scanning your document is really just the start, but the caveat with this platform, like many Adobe tools, is that it doesn’t come cheap.
ScanSpeeder offers a streamlined scanning process that involves pressing a few buttons. This photo scanning software package allows you to scan multiple photos at once using a traditional flatbed scanner. In addition, these multiple photos are automatically divided into separate image files. It allows you to easily scan slides and negatives. With the one-click magic wand, you can fix tinted photos. In addition, you can use advanced photo enhancement for editing. It offers the manual option to make adjustments as per your choice.
This software allows you to save comments on the back of photos or recordings and allows you to scan them. ScanSpeeder has the ability to restore faded photos with just one click.
If you want a little more control over these settings, you have the option of uploading photos directly to your Facebook account or simultaneously saving an email-quality image for each photo.
- ScanSpeeder is ideal for slide shows and digital photo frames. It also works with scrapbooking and scrapbooking pages.
- With automatic file naming, you can give a file name with date, number and other information.
- It deals extensively with editing and viewing on new generation monitors and televisions.
- Helps correct tilt and orientation of multiple photos at once.
- You can scan directly from the photo album page so as not to extract your photos.
- Facilitates the import of previously scanned images containing multiple photos.
- With automatic file naming, you can give a file name with date, number and other information.
You can download the basic version of this software for free. Apart from that, ScanSpeeder offers 2 pricing plans for users:
- Standard Edition: Buy this plan for $ 29.95. With it you get new updates and support for 1 year.
- Pro Edition: For $ 39.95, you’ll get a fast, user-friendly internal email and Facebook support.
3. Abbyy FineReader
An excellent OCR tool
Abbyy is responsible for a number of enterprise software tools, including her document scanning platform, FineReader. This software allows you to edit, review, protect, compare and convert PDF files and scans.
The free PDF editing feature allows you to comment and annotate your PDF, making it perfect for collaboration. Compare, on the other hand, helps you identify text changes between different versions of the same document, saving you time on review and audit trail.
FineReader calls its OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology no less “world leader”, and it promises accurate conversion of paper documents, scans and PDF files to Word, Excel, searchable PDF files and other file formats .
If this is a large-scale scan, the Hot Folder feature is available to help you schedule batch processing and track documents to convert with “controlled” folders. FineReader can recognize 192 languages, so it should be covered regardless of where your documents come from.
CamScanner is an excellent photo scanning software that has a very important utility to scan all the documents that you want to keep in digital format. It is a portable software that has the most amazing feature. Thus, it gives you the peace of mind of knowing that you will have a digital copy of those documents that you do not want to lose. You just have to take photos with your phone and you are ready to use them, especially if you want to send documents for official purposes. With this software, you can easily crop, edit and create PDF from these digital copies. Also, they provide additional options like merging files, adding password protection, watermarks, etc. You can do a quick search of the document using tags to characterize the multitude of documents.
- You can optimize scan quality with Smart Crop and Auto Enhance. Ensures text and graphics in scanned documents are sharp and clear with the highest quality colors and resolutions.
- This photo scanning software comes with an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) function. It helps to recognize and extract texts from images in the document format to find, edit or share them later.
- It allows you to easily share PDF or JPEG documents with friends in various ways, such as posting to social media, sending attachments, or downloading document links via email.
- You can instantly print any document on CamScanner with a nearby printer via AirPrint. Select the document directly and fax it to more than 30 countries from the application.
- You can annotate documents with a comprehensive set of editing tools. Also add custom watermarks to mark your own documents.
- CamScanner allows you to protect confidential content by setting a password to view important documents. Also, by submitting the document download link, you can set a password to prevent others from viewing it.
You can access this scanning feature for free by creating a basic account. Otherwise, this software offers 2 price packages for users:
- Premium Account: Buy this plan at $ 4.99 / month. You can also save 17% by paying an annual plan.
- Business version: Buy this plan for $ 9.99 / month / user, from 3 users. You can also save 17% by paying an annual plan.
The universal scanner software
PaperScan takes the approach of upgrading your scanning software to a more robust solution to get the most out of your machine. After all, while most scanners come bundled with software, manufacturers too often focus on building the hardware, relegating the software to something more current.
Instead, PaperScan aims to provide additional useful features that will not only allow you to scan, but will also organize your documents after scanning. A free version comes with post-processing tools like rotate, remove edges, remove perforations, and color adjustments with filter options. However, this version of the software contains advertisements.
PaperScan Home Edition offers the same, but no ads, plus a few different file format options to save, all for a one-time fee.
This is truly the professional edition that PaperScan really excels at, offering a wide range of features to add to your scanner to make organizing scanned files that much easier. Features here include PDF-OCR support in over 60 languages, batch processing with automatic blank page removal, annotations, and additional color editing tools.
Overall, PaperScan offers a very useful set of tools at a very competitive price compared to the big providers.
VueScan is an inexpensive program that works with most scanners to produce high-quality scans with excellent color accuracy. Helps you batch scan while producing cropped and color-balanced images. Provides specific film material profiles that claim to give your scans accurate colors. With this software, you can zoom in on an image effortlessly. Whether you are saving a few snapshots or archiving print cases, VueScan has the tools you need to print your scans with the best possible quality or with a large number of good quality scans.
- VueScan scans documents using automatic document feeders (ADF) and flatbed. Thus, it supports over 6000 different scanners from 35 manufacturers, even scanners that no longer have drivers from their manufacturers.
- This photo scanning software is improvised in the field of repetitive scanning by presenting photo sizes. So you can spend less time scanning and more time on your photos.
- You can scan multiple photos with this software. Simply place them in the corners of the tray, preview and manually crop each photo without the need for another scan.
- Use the automatic file naming feature to include dates, numbers, or other prefixes and suffixes in your file names.
VueScan offers 2 user rate plans:
- Standard Edition: This plan is available at $ 9.95. It is ideal for occasional explorations.
- Professional Edition: Buy it now for $ 59.95. It is ideal for advanced scanning or long-term use. This pricing plan unlocks more scanning and editing tools, you may still want a more robust ability to edit your scans.
7. Kofax OmniPage
Copy complete documents with ease
Another key player on the business productivity scene is Kofax’s OmniPage.
OmniPage’s OCR technology supports fast and efficient scanning of all types of paper documents. The result is a digital library of PDF files that the software can use to edit as needed, as well as to perform search functions.
The platform promises high-quality conversions that retain the characteristics of the original document: columns, tables, bullets, charts, and all. It also supports a wide variety of software platforms to manage these documents, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Corel, Wordperfect, and the Kofax Power PDF tool.
Conveniently, OmniPage can process on a wide range of devices that capture text as an image, so if your phone, tablet, or camera is close at hand, you can scan, convert, and manage your files on the go.
This concludes our list of the best scanning software for Windows that can effortlessly scan your documents and images more efficiently. You can use any of the programs mentioned above to create crisp, legible documents and photos in high resolution.
What is the best free scanning software?
Adobe Acrobat DC is the best free scanning software for Windows. Although the free version has some limitations, we recommend using the premium version of the tool for best results.
Which software is good for scanning?
All of the above-mentioned scanning software are good, but Adobe Acrobat DC and ABBY Fine Reader are likely to do most of the work for you.
Which is the best app for scanning?
If you are looking for scanning software for your Windows PC, there are many options available. We have listed out the best apps for scanning in this blog post, check them out and select the ones which suit your needs the best.