Today, people have a wide variety of digital devices to capture images, including smartphones, digital cameras, tablets, webcams, drones, and GoPro.
Therefore, it is estimated that around 1.44 trillion digital photos will be taken worldwide in 2022.
Considering this staggering statistic, you can’t help but wonder:
- Where are these digital images stored?
- How are they organized and managed?
This is where photo management software comes in.
These tools help businesses of all shapes and sizes, as well as professional photographers and graphic designers, organize, manage, store, and protect their photos and videos.
If you are looking for a photo organizer, look no further. We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 photo management programs and outlined their key features, benefits, and costs to help you choose the best one.
What is Photo Management Software?
Photo management software organizes, manages, stores and protects digital photos.
This type of software serves as a searchable digital photo album that helps users find the photos they are looking for with just a few clicks.
Businesses and individuals, including professional photographers and graphic designers with large image libraries, use these photo management tools to better organize their digital assets, avoid duplicate files, and quickly locate specific photos.
These programs are most often used in conjunction with graphic design or photo editing tools, such as Photoshop or PaintShop Pro.
While most photo management software offers basic functionality, some programs allow you to edit and manipulate your images. You can adjust functions such as sharpness, hue, exposure, and color.
What are the Advantages of Photo Management Software?
- It allows you to organize, edit, search, resize, import, export and share your photos.
- It allows you to find the image you need with a few clicks.
- Save time and effort as the image collections are well organized.
- Simplify the process of sending, importing, requesting and sharing photos.
- Streamline user collaboration
- Allows you to configure custom privacy and copyright options for image files.
- Allows you to securely deploy your images on a brand portal
- It allows you to customize access for different divisions and clients, keeping them in sync with the latest photos.
- It allows you to monitor all missions in a searchable database and always track their progress.
- Allows you to easily integrate your image library with photo editing software or video files with video editing tools
Best Photo Management Software 2022
Here are my top picks for the best photo management software, each of which offers features to meet your organizing and editing needs.
1. Adobe Bridge
A free tool for quick and convenient image sorting ($20.99/month).
Adobe Bridge is the best photo organization software for anyone who works with Adobe applications.
It is compatible with Windows and Mac OS, and although it is not the only tool that Adobe offers to organize photos, it is a creative asset manager that allows you to edit, preview, organize and publish multiple images quickly and easily.
Who is Adobe Bridge for?
This photo management program is ideal for professional photographers who need powerful photo organization software with more sophisticated features that integrates well with other design tools.
- Adobe Portfolio: the platform allows you to create a professional portfolio of your illustrations, in design or in images thanks to contact sheets in PDF.
- Photo Downloader – Easily import all your image files and rename them on import or convert them to DNG files.
- Adobe Camera RAW: This feature allows you to open raw images directly from Adobe Bridge for editing.
Advantages of Adobe Bridge:
- The platform has strong organizational characteristics.
- The software works in various applications.
- You can get it for free as part of a Creative Cloud membership.
- Easily edit keywords, tags, notes, etc.
- Advanced filters and powerful metadata search functions
Unlike Lightroom, the other image management tool provided by Adobe, Adobe Bridge is not a standalone editing tool. To get it, you need to sign up for Creative Cloud for $ 20.99 / month.
Best photo organizing software with affordable cloud storage ($9.99/month).
Adobe Lightroom is artificial intelligence-based photo management software that helps you automatically manage multiple photos at once.
You can save your changes to your smartphone and you can organize and store your images on any device.
When you sign up for Adobe Lightroom, you get 1 TB of free cloud storage and can buy more when you need it.
Who is Adobe Lightroom best for?
This photo management software is ideal for photographers and creatives who want a powerful tool that allows them to do all their retouching without having to use Photoshop.
- Adobe Sensei: Adobe AI automatically recognizes faces, locations, themes, objects, and colors in your images.
- Image Tags – Comes with a wide range of organizing tools including image tags, notes, and flags to help you instantly create albums with just one click.
- Non-destructive Edits: This means that you can save your editing settings and keep the original image.
- Benefits of Adobe Lightroom
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and tvOS
- Sophisticated organizational features
- The cloud-based platform works on all devices.
- Industry standard for organizing photo collections
- Powerful filters thanks to AI technology
You can get Adobe Lightroom as part of Adobe Creative Cloud for $ 9.99 per month.
Professional all-in-one software with facial recognition features ($59.95, one-time fee)
ACDSee is GPU-enriched software that enables you to sort, organize, and share your images using data location, hierarchical keywords, and facial recognition features. It provides RAW support for over 500 camera models and a full suite of digital asset management tools to help you get the most out of your photos.
- Facial recognition: Recognize humans in your images so you can name people for quick search and organize photos by family member, customer, or person of interest.
- Location data: Your Map panel uses built-in latitudinal and longitudinal information to display the location where your photos were taken, allowing you to organize groups of photos by region. Additionally, you can drag and drop images onto the map to geotag them.
- RAW Editing: Supports RAW editing for more than 500 camera models.
- Allows you to instantly sync your smartphone with media sharing software
- Provides parametric photo editing
- Offers performance-based adjustment layers
- It gives you free access to import your images.
- Provides customizable keywords and categories.
- Offers drag and drop search
- So it doesn’t import Photoshop plugins, Lightroom photos and Picasa
- Offers free updates, workshops, documentation, and photography tips.
It’s compatible with:
- The Windows
- Mac OS
- Pricing starts at $ 59.99 as a one-time payment
- Has a 30-day free trial option for the full version
4. MAGIX Photo Manager [Free And Paid Plans]
A free photo management tool for beginners from a market leader (Starts from free).
MAGIX Photo Manager is a free photo organizer software that allows you to easily browse, organize, edit, organize and share your photos and videos. With a refined user interface, this app helps you make the most of your creative assets.
- Cloud import: allows you to import your photos from other cloud services, cameras and scanners directly into Photo Manager Deluxe.
- Wide variety of formats: supports all standard image and video formats; you can watch videos in AVCHD format or organize RAW files.
- Smart Selection – Uses advanced image analysis to filter out duplicates and poor quality photos, saving time and disk space.
- It allows you to share images and videos directly from the application to various social media channels such as Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, etc.
- Improve the visual properties of images (color, brightness, contrast and sharpness) with just a few clicks.
- Provides a dark colored background.
- Allows perspective correction
- Create slideshows with amazing transition effects and music that you can burn directly to CD or DVD.
- Provides password protection.
- Save your photos and media to hard drive, CD or DV
- Allows you to download media over Wi-Fi from your smartphone
- Offers free video tutorials
- Provides helpful customer service and technical support.
It’s compatible with:
- The Windows
- Basic version: free
- Deluxe version: $ 49.99 with a 30-day free trial
Best organizer and editor combo for anyone on a budget. ($99.99, one-time fee).
Corel PaintShop Pro is the most beneficial organizer and editor for photographers and creatives who need a single tool to optimize their work processes.
It is ideal for anyone who prefers not to pay a monthly fee.
The software comes with features to remove unwanted objects from images, credibly fill the gap, and a variety of other blemish removal tools.
Who is Corel PaintShop Pro for?
This cloud-based digital asset management system is ideal for large teams that manage a large volume of content and require a sophisticated, feature-rich platform to keep their projects organized and focused.
- AI-based editing tools: Corel PaintShop Pro has tools such as sampling, image noise enhancement, and artifact removal.
- Plugin Compatibility: You can use PaintShop Pro with 64-bit plugins to greatly enhance the versatility of the software.
- Elegant user interface – The user interface is simple and easy to navigate, which means you can quickly categorize, manage, and search your library.
Advantages of Corel PaintShop Pro:
- Innovative and useful functions
- Works perfectly with Adobe Lightroom plugins
- Beginner-friendly interface
- Ideal for digital asset management
- In-depth editing features for more experienced users
Corel PaintShop Pro is offered at a one-time price of $ 99.99 for those who prefer not to commit to a premium subscription.
You can sign up for a free trial on the website to try the software for 30 days.
6. Google Photos [Free Tool]
Awesome tool that comes as a useful AI assistant (Starts from FREE)
As one of the best free photo management software, Google Photos helps you store, back up, and access your media assets on all your devices, anywhere, anytime.
- Unlimited Storage: Offers free and unlimited storage in high quality: photos up to 16 megapixels and video up to 1080p.
- Photo Prints: Allows you to print images and photo libraries in an album, canvas prints, or photo albums. Plus, you can pick up your prints the same day through your local CVS or Walmart. Pricing for image prints starts at $ 0.25.
- Offline Availability: Provides offline access, allowing you to access your photos without an internet connection or cellular service.
- Allows object-based search to locate files when you forget the description
- It allows easy search based on various details, such as location, people and events.
- Provides photo and video editing tools and various filters to edit and save images.
- Allows you to synchronize your image files on all your devices: smartphones, tablets, computers
- It allows you to adjust the color, brightness and exposure of your photos.
- Artificial intelligence assistant can animate your photos and create slideshows with similar images
- Allows batch image processing and metadata.
- Collect image and geolocation information from mobile devices and digital cameras.
- It allows you to download photos in different resolutions.
- Allows automatic backup
- Suggest automatic sharing based on your interactions.
It is compatible with:
- Mac OS
- The Windows
- Totally free right now
- From June 1, you will start charging for storage once 15 GB is used
7. Movavi Photo Manager [Paid Tool]
Memory-focused photo manager with facial recognition ($39.95).
One of the best photo management software tools recommended by top professional photographers, Movavi Photo Manager helps you manage your entire image collection including RAW, JPEG, PNG photos and more.
- Automatic album creation: You can automatically sort your photos by GPS coordinates and dates.
- Backups – Provides backup of your albums, photos, tags and locations, allowing you to restore data if lost.
- Face recognition: recognize faces in pictures and automatically create photo album for each person.
- Allows you to add tags to your image files to quickly find specific photos and explore your library
- It allows you to edit multiple photos simultaneously.
- It provides various image editing functions such as rotate, crop, focus, flip, horizon straighten, etc.
- It offers an automatic selection of similar images to help you choose the best ones and eliminate the rest.
- Quickly remove duplicates from your hard drive to help you save disk space
- It allows you to view images in full screen mode in the most common image formats.
It is compatible with:
- The Windows
Movavi Photo Manager offers three pricing models for personal and commercial use, all with a free 3-day trial:
- Photo manager: $ 39.95
- Photo manager + Photo editor: $ 59.95
- Photo Manager + Photo Editor + Slideshow Maker: $ 79.95
- Photo manager: $ 99.95
- Photo manager + Photo editor: $ 149.95
- Photo Manager + Photo Editor + Slideshow Maker: $ 199.95
How to choose the best photo management software
Choosing the best photo management software can seem a bit overwhelming, given the many options available.
Consider these factors to make your decision easily:
- Search Capabilities: The main goal of using photo organizer software is to quickly and easily find specific photos in the group of images. So be sure to select software that offers full search features like keywords, tags, tags, locations, ratings, geotags. In addition, the program you have chosen should allow you to locate and remove duplicate files, as well as provide an online backup manager.
- Photo Editing Tools: You should go for software that allows you to edit your images as you like, especially if you want to do advanced retouching. This way, you won’t have to depend on any other photo editing software. So choose a program that offers versatile editing features like lens correction, brightness, contrast, color correction, etc.
- Image File Formats: Select a tool that supports image files that you work with on a regular basis. The best photo management software supports a variety of different formats like JPEG, PNG, TIFF, RAW, PSD, GIF, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence: Some of the best photo management software on the market has artificial intelligence features such as facial recognition or object recognition. Take advantage of these features to easily find images without having to enter relevant keywords.
We have reached the end of this review on the best photo management software.
The tools described here are most often implemented by media, marketing and creative departments with constantly growing image collections. Some are particularly suitable for individuals, such as professional photographers who have large volumes of images to classify and organize.
Whatever your needs, you’ll find the perfect photo management tool in this list.
My number one recommendation is Adobe Bridge.
It offers a powerful way to find, manage and organize your photos.
The best part is that the software is not only limited to images, but you can also use it to manage videos, layout files, Adobe Illustrator files, etc.
By incorporating this tool into your workflow, you make it easier to manage your photos and eliminate the need for additional photo editing or graphic design software.
What’s the best photo management software for PC?
The best photo management software for PC is Adobe Lightroom CC with features for creating transparent folders and file naming systems, as well as implementing metadata management.
What is best for storing photos?
Save photos to the cloud
Some of the more popular options cloud storage options include Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and others, including many offer mobile apps that can be configured to automatically back up the Camera Roll of iOS and Android devices.
How do professional photographers manage their photos?
As the world of technology is increasingly moving to the cloud, more photographers are opting for cloud storage of their photos, through cloud services like Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Dropbox. These services sync images on your computer to their cloud servers