Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies quickly became very popular. Therefore, thousands of people online use cryptocurrencies for their online purchases. There are many web hosting services that also accept these payment methods. These are some of the best web hosting services that are compatible with the most popular cryptocurrencies.
What is Bitcoin (BTC)?
Bitcoin (BTC) is a cryptocurrency that is used and sent electronically. Bitcoin, which is not under the control of any institution or person, is a network of decentralized partners. The unit of value transferred through the Bitcoin network is called Bitcoin (BTC).
What we look for in the best web hosting companies that accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
With every hosting company on this list, you can expect:
- Payment through the cryptocurrency payment platform: Although some of these hosts allow you to transfer funds manually, it is much easier to pay using a popular cryptocurrency payment platform. Bitcoin is accepted by everyone, but I have researched companies that accept other cryptocurrencies as well.
- Reliable performance and uptime – I’m looking for a quality hosting that I can really trust, with a verified high uptime above 99.9% and fast performance. Be aware that actual offshore accommodation may be located far from your target audience, which could affect your loading speed.
- Lots of Storage Space and Bandwidth – Your website needs these resources no matter how you pay for them. This list does not contain fragile 500MB plans that will run out of space after a backup.
- Buy domain names with bitcoin – These hosts also allow you to purchase a domain name using cryptocurrencies, so nothing can be traced back to your account.
- Additional Privacy Features: With cryptocurrencies, privacy is the name of the game. If your money trail is hidden, but everything else is visible, you won’t get much. The following companies have invested in additional ways to ensure your identity remains private.
7 Best Web Hosting Companies Accepting Bitcoin and Altcoins: Bitcoin Hosting Companies
Of course, I’ll start my list with Namecheap, the world’s first major domain name registrar using bitcoin as a payment method since 2013.
If you’ve been in the blogging business for a while, you’ve probably heard of Namecheap.
Founded in 2000, Namecheap is one of the leading ICANN-accredited registrars offering domain names, SSL certificates, WhoisGuard, and web hosting at reasonable prices. They have shared hosting, WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated servers, etc.
In addition to PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express, you can choose to pay with Bitcoin for any of their services.
The fact that Namecheap has still firmly adhered to its decision to accept bitcoin since 2013 despite all the negative sentiment, price volatility, panic, and profanity, is certainly an achievement worth applauding.
If you are ready to create your own web presence, simply use the link below to activate your discount code and purchase a domain from Namecheap
I mentioned how some big companies still feel about the whole crypto situation, but Hostinger is already on top. It offers some of the cheapest hosting plans out there, and you can now choose to pay for them with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. For additional savings, don’t miss out on our latest Hostinger coupons.
Hostinger is one of the most popular and affordable web hosting providers on the web. Their most affordable shared hosting plan currently starts at $ 0.80 for a month. It also accepts Bitcoin as a payment method. It also offers simple website setup services that help inexperienced users create their own websites. Advanced plans offer additional features like daily backups, DNS management, Cloudflare protection, and more.
- Pay with CoinPayments: Hostinger allows you to pay with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash. During the payment process, you will be redirected to the platform page, just like with PayPal.
- Pay with BitDegree: Hostinger is one of the few companies that accepts BitDegree cryptocurrency and does so through manual blockchain transfer.
- 30GB of storage space and 100GB of bandwidth – The most basic shared plan has plenty of room for your needs. The more advanced plans come with higher specs and powerful VPS (Virtual Private Server) machines are also available.
- Domain privacy available for purchase – This feature will hide your domain registration details, making them unavailable to spies who are doing a Whois lookup on your domain.
Founded in 2004, HawkHost is another leading web host that proudly accepts Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash for its services.
What makes HawkHost different is that they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, even if you pay in Bitcoin. Now you can start using the Hawkhost plan WITHOUT risk.
During your first 30 days, whenever you feel like this is not what you want, you can get your money back, no questions asked! This is an advantage, as most web servers do not offer a money-back guarantee for Bitcoin payments.
After choosing the hosting plan you want, select Bitcoin / Bitcoin Cash from the payment details to continue.
You will then see a 2D barcode on the processing page, hosted by Bitpay, a popular bitcoin service provider.
To make a payment via Bitcoin, you can copy and paste the URL into your wallet or simply scan the barcode of the 2D bitcoin address.
Although Hostwinds is more expensive than Hostinger, it is still within the limits of what I consider affordable. It’s probably the best host on this list when it comes to power and performance, and it commits to a 99.9999% uptime guarantee. You can see the results of our performance tests in our Hostwinds expert review.
Hostwinds shared hosting plans include a free SSL certificate and unlimited storage, bandwidth and databases. All hosting solutions can be paid for with cryptocurrencies, including special privacy features like Hostwinds VPN service and advanced SSL certificates.
A free domain is included when purchasing any Hostwinds hosting service
- CoinPayments: Hostwinds accepts a wide range of cryptocurrencies using CoinPayments, from the popular bitcoin and Ethereum to lesser-known currencies like Digibyte, Qtum, and Dogecoin. Additionally, crypto payments can be refunded as an account credit within 30 days of registration.
- Choose your data center: The company operates three modern data centers, in Dallas and Seattle in the United States and in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Choose the one closest to your target audience to take advantage of the best speeds and availability.
- Windows Hosting: Hostwinds is one of the only companies to offer Windows hosting and payment by bitcoin. You can opt for Windows on any company VPS plan, whether it is managed or not.
- Optional backups: A backup service is available for an additional monthly cost. The service operates fully automatically, creating nightly copies of your website that can be restored if necessary.
5. Bitcoin Web Hosting
Obviously, Bitcoin web hosting allows users to make their payments in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. But it also allows your customers to make payments anonymously. The company offers shared, VPS and dedicated hosting plans. The most affordable Bitcoin web hosting plan starts at $ 6 per month, but can change based on location. If you also want free SSL and a dedicated IP address for your website, then you need to choose one of the more advanced plans.
- Use CoinPayments to foot the bill – After purchasing a hosting service, it won’t activate right away. Instead, you’ll need to enter the invoice and pay through the CoinPayments link. Payment can be made with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, Ripple, and six other cryptocurrencies.
- Optional European hosting – Basic plans are hosted on US servers, but users can opt for an “offshore” European data center, free from the hassle of DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), PRISM surveillance and the Patriot Act.
- Free SSL and Dedicated IP – These two great features aren’t available on most of their shared hosting plans, only the most advanced, Business.
- 45 Day Money Back Guarantee – No hassle, no questions asked. Refund policy. Available for reseller and shared web hosting plans.
Malaysia-based web hosting company Shinjiru not only accepts Bitcoin and Ethereum as payment methods, but also allows its customers to make payments anonymously. Shinjiru defines its mission to “protect privacy” and has been providing anonymous overseas managed hosting services since 2000. Its overseas hosting budget starts at $ 3.95 per month for a 3 year contract. . However, some features like DDoS protection or a free SSL certificate are lacking.
- Pay with CoinPayments: Use the platform to pay with bitcoin and Ethereum, or manually transfer bitcoin to the company’s bitcoin wallet. Manual bitcoin transfer will result in a longer confirmation process and cannot be resumed.
- Uses LiteSpeed Server Technology: LiteSpeed is one of the newest and most efficient technologies on the market today, although it is not yet widely used. Sites hosted with it can expect faster load times and better overall performance.
- Strongbolt Plans – Contains all the protections that the basic plans lack, including a hidden Domain Name System (DNS) and IP address, advanced Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection and a security suite to defend your site from malware and hackers.
- 24/7 Support – Company agents are available to help you 24/7, by phone, Skype, live chat and support tickets.
Heficed, formerly known as Host1Plus, was founded in 2008 and has since grown into a web hosting powerhouse. They have data centers around the world to give you the best performance.
However, I would not recommend this hosting solution for novice bloggers. They are primarily aimed at engineers, developers, and companies looking for cloud servers that offer more power and flexibility for their sites.
To better serve the global market, Heficed has started accepting more than 50 cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, ZCash, and many more.
This list of web servers that accept cryptography is by no means exhaustive. In fact, you can find countless small providers offering bitcoin cryptocurrencies at competitive prices.
But I decided not to include them and only selected a few that can provide users with reliable and quality services (uptime, speed, security and support).
Rest assured, all of the web servers listed above have more than decades of experience and a good reputation in the industry.
If I missed something, feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Can you buy a domain name with Bitcoin?
Yes, all the hosts on this list accept Bitcoin payments so if you buy a domain name at the same time as your hosting (if one is not included), then you can pay for the whole invoice using cryptocurrency. In addition, Namecheap accepts Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for purchasing domain names without having to purchase web hosting at the same time.
Does Hostinger’s money-back guarantee work with cryptocurrencies?
No, unfortunately not. Because cryptocurrency rates are always changing, if you choose to pay for your Hostinger web hosting using Bitcoin or another crypto payment method, you won’t be able to get a refund, even if you cancel your plan within the first 30 days.
Does Wix accept cryptocurrency?
Currently, Wix does not offer the option to accept payments on your site in Cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum, BitCash). We are always working to update and improve our products, and your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Is it safe to buy hosting with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
Yes, it’s safe to purchase web hosting and domain names with crypto – but you should always ensure your computer security is up to date and consider using a VPN for added security and anonymity. Most vendors allow you to use CoinPayments, which is the safest way to use cryptocurrency to pay for your hosting. Some cryptocurrencies, like BitDegree, can only be used via manual blockchain transfer, however (Hostinger is one of the few vendors to accept this crypto payment), which is slightly more risky compared to using a secure platform like CoinPayments.