Preventive and predictive maintenance programs are essential to protect your employees, save money, and reduce equipment downtime. However, implementing complex programs can seem like a nightmare (or absolutely impossible) without the proper CMMS software running behind the scenes.
If you are looking for the most intuitive and comprehensive CMMS software, MicroMain is the way to go. From creating automated workflows to monitoring and preventing downtime, you can manage your assets with ease.
What is CMMS software?
Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) are used by companies, such as manufacturers, who need to manage assets and equipment, as well as some service providers to manage assets on behalf of their customers. Since capital assets are a significant investment for any business, CMMS can help optimize asset utilization and productivity. This type of software can cover various stages of the asset life cycle, from acquisition to disposal. Technicians use CMMS to keep assets in peak condition and managers to make informed decisions about how to improve asset utilization.
A CMMS best serves small and medium-sized businesses and should not be confused with Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software, which offers advanced asset management features for large companies and complex industries such as oil and gas, mining, or Construction. CMMS solutions integrate with accounting software to manage financial value and depreciation of assets.
To be eligible for inclusion in the CMMS category, a product must:
- Manage various types of assets and equipment in multiple locations.
- Track inventory of spare parts and materials required for maintenance.
- Schedule maintenance activities like inspections, repairs, and upgrades.
- Manage resources (human and material) and allocate them to maintenance operations.
- Provide reports on asset usage, maintenance costs, and technician productivity.
- Ensure asset compliance with environmental and safety regulations.
- Provide an easy-to-use interface for mobile devices or mobile applications for field service technicians.
The 5 Best CMMS Software In 2022:
Here are my top picks for the best CMMS software to use this year.
The Best CMMS Software for Most
MicroMain strikes the perfect balance between flexibility, power, ease of use and affordability, making it our number one choice across the board.
Whether you want to reduce maintenance costs, automate equipment maintenance processes, improve workflows, or make better data-driven decisions, this is a great option that won’t break the bank.
One of the most important things that sets MicroMain apart from its competition is the ease of use of the software. It’s so easy that many of your current users say there wasn’t a learning curve and they were able to start optimizing maintenance across the board … right away.
From creating preventive and proactive maintenance schedules to work order management and asset management, this software does it all.
It even has an activated barcode and QR code. The software automatically creates a unique QR or barcode for each asset in the system, which you can print and attach to each piece of equipment for easy tracking in the field.
You can also use it to measure the duration of certain tasks. Over time, MicroMain automatically calculates the time required for similar tasks so that you don’t have to do the calculations yourself or rely on inaccurate calculations.
These powerful features combined with its ability to help you meet safety standards combine into a streamlined maintenance process that you and your team will enjoy.
MicroMain is not a one-ride pony, serving an impressive range of industries in areas such as healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, property management, aerospace, retail, transportation, transportation, education and construction, to name a few.
Prices start at:
- $ 89 per administrator license
- $ 39 per technician license
The return on investment of a software investment is not questionable. You can start a free trial without a credit card or book a demo with one of their experts to see it in action and learn more about how it can help automate your specific maintenance processes.
Sign up and get started with MicroMain here.
2 . Fiix
The Best Free CMMS Software
Many CMMS tools are reserved only for companies with a suitable commercial budget. But the good news is that Fiix has a 100% free option for small businesses with no budget.
No se deje engañar por su precio gratuito: está repleto de potentes funciones diseñadas para ayudarlo a cerrar la brecha entre los equipos, mantenerse al tanto de los programas de mantenimiento (sin importar cuán complejos sean) to define procesos para escalar el mantenimiento en toda business.
The free plan allows you to create work orders, configure preventive maintenance processes, and establish asset hierarchies with unlimited work orders and service requests, 25 active PMs and time tracking. stop.
You can also create to-do and to-do lists, schedule resources using a calendar, view work orders in real time, automatically generate QR codes and barcodes, and manage unlimited numbers. parts and supplies.
For new users, there are dozens of hours of training videos, webinars, and articles to help you get the most out of your new software.
In addition, you can take advantage of customer service by email to get your questions answered as quickly as possible.
Fiix comes without surprises. You can log in with a free account and take a free tour of the exact system that you will get once on board. As a free user you will have the option to add three more users and you will be able to update administration and work remotely with its mobile functionality. This is ideal for technicians on site.
As your maintenance needs increase, you can upgrade to the Basic plan, which starts at $ 40 per user, the Professional plan starting at $ 60 per user, or the Enterprise plan, where you will need to book a demo for get personalized pricing.
Get started and optimize your maintenance with Fiix here.
3 . Fracttal
The Best Cloud-Based CMMS Software
If you need enhanced mobility, access to multiple devices, and software that works in the field, Fracttal is the answer. Whether you’re taking meter readings, performing routine citywide inspections, or managing assets in multiple locations, working from your phone is essential.
Fracttal’s mobile design ensures that it’s easier than ever to create work orders, save parts, deliver equipment upgrades and more, wherever you are.
And with the manufacturing, transportation, healthcare, and service specific editions, you get all the extra features you need for your type of business, rather than having to force your business to scale. the CMMS.
The mobile app is not only easy to use, it is also incredibly functional and beautiful. Your entire team will love its simplicity, power and usefulness for working on the go. Fracttal is also fully compatible (and 100% functional) with all operating systems.
One of the other strengths of Fracttal is the streamlined implementation. It is designed in such a way that you can implement it yourself.
However, the support team is always here to help if you run into any issues or want to discuss your implementation at any time. With a dedicated implementation team, you’ll never be dry. That said, you can’t buy the software without scheduling a demo first to make sure it’s right for you and your team.
Fracttal offers a wide range of pricing plans with different feature sets, with the cheapest plan starting at $ 195 per month with access for up to five users.
At higher levels, you can add more users, unlock all of Fracttal’s features, receive email and chat help, and other advanced modules designed to help streamline the work of large companies.
If you’re on a tight budget or want to try before you spend a dime, you can try the free tier. With it you can have up to two users and get full access to the mobile app as well as all training materials within Fracttal University.
If all you need is a simple tool for digital job scheduling, work orders, and catalogs, the free plan is a great place to start.
4. Hippo CMMS
Best overall CMMS software ($39 per month).
Hippo CMMS is an easy-to-use maintenance tool that provides all-in-one solutions, including module management, third-party vendors, inventory, and preventative maintenance.
It keeps your data up to date in real time and makes it accessible from anywhere and anytime. This feature helps you resolve any issues quickly.
Hippo CMMS offers six main services:
- Preventive maintenance of facilities and equipment – Plan and follow the entire maintenance schedule to detect minor problems and avoid them quickly.
- Work Order Management – Delegate and track work orders and make sure everything is closed efficiently.
- Supplier Management – Helps you streamline communication with suppliers and automatically submit purchase orders.
- Asset Maintenance Management – Track your assets and equipment and make data-driven decisions about repair or replacement.
- Facility Management – Provides all the tools you need to effectively run your business.
- Inventory and Parts – Allows you to set and maintain minimum and maximum levels and helps you deliver the right parts at the right time and at the right price.
You also get maintenance reports to inspect your work and determine where your budget is really going.
It also offers a mobile app that allows you to perform remote inspections with a built-in camera. You can also add tasks and upload images to order jobs.
In addition, there is an offline mode that allows you to work offline in remote locations.
Reporting Tools – Allows administrators to create reports in various categories, including maintenance history. You can schedule and send automated reports by email.
Work order management – Define and share work order tasks with the maintenance team. You can even use the mobile app to assign, submit, update, and complete all work orders.
Asset Management – Track assets in the system to analyze an asset’s history, such as repairs, downtime, preventive maintenance log, and maintenance costs.
- Maintenance and repair history.
- Interactive site and floor plans.
- Access to training resources.
- Single network to track supplies, parts and other consumables in real time.
- Automatically generate QR codes or barcodes for assets and equipment.
- Store information such as use and maintenance manuals, identification labels and warranty information.
- Schedule preventive maintenance tasks based on the counter and schedule.
Hippo CMMS offers three price plans, including:
- Hippo Starter: from $ 39 per month
- Hippo Plus: from $ 69 per month
- Hippo Pro: from $ 99 per month
Hippo CMMS also provides a price calculator which allows you to estimate the price according to your needs. You can also calculate the potential ROI based on particular specifications.
Best for team communication and real-time asset tracking ($8.33 per user).
MaintainX is a web-based CMMS solution that enables you to track preventive and reactive maintenance. It also monitors regular operations such as safety or quality audits, as well as operational checklists through a digital audit trail.
Additionally, the system allows you to track asset downtime in real time, create and combine custom procedures, and track costs or inventory after each order. It also offers a built-in digital audit trail and equipment planning capabilities to effectively manage maintenance.
Another useful feature is the detailed reports. MaintainX helps you collect and compare the performance of different teams and locations.
It also determines which asset requires your attention so that you can allocate capital accordingly.
MaintainX allows you to create custom templates, including checklists. You can also upload photos, instructions, and other essential documents to provide detailed information to your team.
CMMS software is available based on a specific industry, including manufacturing, hospitality, restaurant and retail, education, etc.
- Corrective Actions: MaintainX helps you immediately discover a problem to assign tasks immediately or a new work order to solve the problem.
- Monitor Compliance – Allows all historical data to be stored in the cloud for compliance and monitoring of compliance in the same way that dedicated compliance software does.
- Employee effectiveness – Monitor staff performance in real time and identify the best.
- Highlight bottlenecks in the organization.
- Compare performance between sites and teams.
- Asset downtime helps you calculate which asset needs the highest priority.
- It reduces maintenance costs and increases the life cycle of assets.
- MaintainX helps you increase organizational awareness.
- Available in a mobile application.
- It is compatible with iOS and Android.
MaintainX offers four pricing plans:
- Basic: $ 0 (for small teams)
- Essential: $ 8.33 per user, per month (for small businesses)
- Premium: $ 32.50 per user, per month (for single site businesses)
- Enterprise: $ 115 per user, per month (for multiple installs / sites)
This covers the top 5 CMMS software for 2021. CMMS software can help you bring agility and efficiency to your maintenance department. Understanding your business requirements and CMMS challenges is essential to choosing the right option.
What is a CMMS administrator?
The CMMS Administrator is responsible for the overall asset, work order, and inventory management system for the site.
Does SAP have CMMS?
SAP offers industry leading products and modules for businesses to suit their CMMS and maintenance management requirements. SAP’s Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software and Plant Maintenance Module support the management of business’s physical assets through their entire lifecycle.
What is EAM software?
Enterprise asset management (EAM) is a combination of software, systems and services used to maintain and control operational assets and equipment. The aim is to optimize the quality and utilization of assets throughout their lifecycle, increase productive uptime and reduce operational costs.
What is the example of CMMS?
For example, CMMS software can track vital equipment data like the number of available wheelchairs for use in a retirement community or how many specialized hospital beds are currently occupied by patients.