A definitive resource that you could bookmark and reference when the need arises?
We think so too.
So we decided to create it. This is the longest and most detailed list of blog post ideas available on the web.
Since this is a really long list of blog post ideas, I’ve categorized them so you can move on if you want:
- Fun blog post ideas
- Ideas for specific blog posts
- Ideas for metablog posts
- Ideas for productivity and personal development
- Timely blog post ideas
- Repurposed content blog post ideas
- Lifestyle blog post ideas
- Inspirational blog post ideas
- Educational blog post ideas
You can roll a dice and grab one of these ideas at random, or choose the one that interests you the most.
Ready? Let’s go …
Fun Blog Post Ideas
These ideas are great for personal blogging, but they can also work for business and professional blogging to help your readers get to know you better.
- Share a list of little-known facts about yourself, your business, or your blogging niche.
- Write a fun conspiracy theory behind an important event or people.
- Share your favorite jokes.
- Display what’s in your purse, refrigerator, closet or on your shelf.
- Talk about a famous person you would like to meet and what you would like to ask them.
- Compare reality with life in a movie.
- Share DIY ideas or life tips that you have used in your own life.
- List ways to surprise your spouse, parents or children.
- Talk about your pet and the cute things they do.
- Share your favorite cafes or places to read a good book.
- Host a viral giveaway to increase your blog traffic.
Peculiar Blog Post Ideas
These weird and interesting topics often go viral quickly! Try adding a video to your post to further increase your chances.
- Talk about rare or unknown disorders and their symptoms.
- Challenge popular myths with facts.
- Share the myths or mistakes of your favorite movie.
- Explore the world’s most mysterious places, like the Bermuda Triangle.
- Talk about your personality type or your astrological sign.
- Share famous predictions and prophecies about the world of Nostradamus or others.
- List the most haunted places in the world or in your neighborhood.
- Talk about unsolved mysteries. They could be famous, local, or even personal mysteries in your own life.
- Write a case study about a mysterious place near you.
- Share facts or traditions from a culture very different from yours.
- Create a list of reasons why you should do something.
“Meta” Blog Post Ideas
If you’ve been blogging for a while, why not share your experiences, tips, and tools that you use on your blog?
- What sets your blog apart from others in your niche?
- What tools and software do you use for your content and images?
- What is your process for writing and editing a blog post?
- Have you ever encountered a technical problem with your website? How did you solve this?
- Create an infographic with the statistics of your blog.
- Have you ever had a writer’s block? How did you handle this?
- Has blog hosting or blogging platform ever changed? Why and how did it go?
- Have you ever tried writing an article while traveling? How did it go?
- What advice would you give someone who has just started a blog?
- What strategy has worked best to increase your blog traffic? What strategy failed?
- How to increase your followers on social networks?
- How do you build relationships with other bloggers in your niche?
- Talk about the blogging mistakes you’ve made.
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- Share your blog traffic and income.
Productivity and Personal Development Ideas
Everyone wants to know how to be more productive! As a blogger, surely you have your own tips and tricks for making the most of your time, so share them with your readers.
- Share a list of your favorite productivity tools and apps and how you use them.
- How to overcome procrastination and meet deadlines?
- What are your quick tips for writing better or faster?
- What is your biggest regret? What would you have done differently?
- Share the most important lesson you ever learned and how you learned it.
- What are the best habits you have in your life right now? How did you train them?
- Set a milestone and start a 10 day challenge. Write a series of blog posts that talk about it and a summary at the end of the challenge.
- Share your wishlist.
Timely Blog Posts Ideas
What’s going on in your life right now? You can most likely write a blog post about it!
- Write the list of messages for your birthday that matches your age. You can share a list of goals, lessons, favorite memories, or facts about yourself.
- Any special occasions in your life that you can write about?
- Inform your visitors about a launch you just attended.
- Do you have a favorite festival? You have a good memory?
- Talk about an inspiring movie that you just watched.
- What’s the trend in your industry right now?
- Talk about a blogging milestone, like the day you got your 100th subscriber or reached a certain number of website visitors.
- Share your plans or traditions for an upcoming vacation or vacation.
- Share your impressions of your 20, 30, 40, 50 years …
- Talk about a recent news event and its broader implications.
Repurposed Content Blog Post Ideas
Reusing content is a trick smart bloggers use to save time and effort. Take a look at these ideas for reusing your existing content, and you won’t even have to write a brand new post!
- Repost one of your Twitter threads in blog post format to reach a whole new audience.
- Compile a summary of Tweets on a given topic or news article and add your own thoughts.
- Do you have a YouTube channel? Turn your most popular video into a blog post by creating a transcript file.
- Update an existing blog post with new information.
- Turn a single message into a series of messages making each point elaborate and complete.
- Gather expert advice from popular people in your industry.
Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
These ideas are great for personal blogging, but they work in just about any niche. Even a business blog can show a personal side from time to time to build a closer relationship with your customers.
- Talk about your workspace or writing space and why it works well for you.
- What are your hobbies? How did you get started with them?
- How is a typical day going in your life?
- Talk about your exercise routine.
- Write about your recent travel experience.
- What are the things to consider before planning a vacation?
- Make a list of your favorite books that you have read.
- Write about the benefits of blogging and making money online.
- How do you stay organized?
- What is your favorite hideaway or hangout and why do you love it?
- Talk about how you have decorated your house.
- Promote a cause you are passionate about, like this article on Syed Balkhi’s blog:
Inspirational Blog Post Ideas
These ideas are great for when you’re feeling a bit exhausted and need more blogging inspiration, or want to share your inspiration with your readers.
- Make a list of the top bloggers in your niche who inspire you with their work.
- Make a list of the under-represented people in your industry.
- Share a list of things or activities that put you in a good mood.
- Write about work-life balance.
- Talk about the best goal setting planners.
- Share the success story of a popular person of modest origins.
- Share a list of your favorite inspirational quotes.
- Talk about your latest creative project. Bonus if you took pictures along the way!
Educational Blog Post Ideas
Everyone loves useful blog posts and they tend to get a lot of traffic and shared content. This is why educational blog posts are a great option for any type of blog.
- Talk about a process, step by step.
- Write an article about frequently asked questions (FAQ).
- Comment on a book or product in your niche.
- Share a list of resources to learn more about a certain topic.
- Share a skill you recently learned and how you learned it.
- Compare two different products and choose a winner.
How to Come Up With Even More Blog Post Ideas
Have you ever used all of these ideas? Do you want to know how to make your own? Here are some strategies for brainstorming your own big ideas.
- Find out what you want to achieve
It always surprises me when people start new blogs without a long term goal. Do you want to earn $ 100,000 per year? Do you want to get new customers for your business? Do you just want to practice your writing?
First, find out your goals and target audience.
Once you do, it will be clear what you need to write about.
2 .Start with your passions
I think the best thing as a beginner is to start with a topic that you are passionate about, even if you are not an expert at it.
The reason I say this is because it’s very hard to stay motivated to do “the boring stuff” when you don’t care about the topic. Find something you like and explore that topic with your readers.
This is why fashion blogs tend to work so well – you don’t have to be an expert to be successful, just share your style.
- Research the competition
A great way to generate blog post ideas is to take a close look at your competition and see if you can outperform them.
IN A WORLD OF MANY BILLION BLOGS, YOU NEED TO STAND OUT FROM THE COMPETITION.
It really doesn’t have to be 100% original, but you have to find a way to be different and distinctive. In a world of billions of blogs, you have to stand out. You could even ask your competition to participate in your blog!
So keep an eye on what your fellow bloggers are working on, their presentation style, the topics they cover and their overall content.
4. Break your routine
One of the most amazing benefits of blogging is that you don’t have to limit yourself to a desk. You can blog from anywhere.
Use it to your advantage. If you’re feeling stuck trying to come up with blog post ideas, just go somewhere you love and give your brainwaves a boost.
5.Remember your goal
I don’t want to get too soft here, but I’ve found that the most important thing to remember when blogging is to try to help people.
Sometimes it’s easy to forget that the thousands of visits your website gets are made up of real humans.
Each of them is looking for a solution to a problem.
If you really try to put all your heart and soul into helping them find a solution, you will find that your content becomes higher quality and your readers are more interested in hearing from you.
And, at the end of the day, even if you don’t get rich and famous, you can still say you’ve helped some people get through the day.
Here are some of the blog post ideas that could help you find new and creative content for your blog. Hope you find this post helpful.
More importantly, while the ideas will remain the same, it is up to you to decide how creatively you will present them to your audience and engage them for longer.
I hope this article has been useful to you. If you’ve already discovered your topic, I think it’s time for some SEO expert advice for your article.
Ever run out of ideas when trying to start a new post or blog? I really hope to hear your strategies to achieve this, so leave me a comment below.
What should I post on my first blog?
In your first blog post, tell your readers who you are, what your blog is about and why you are blogging. Even a short introductory paragraph can be enough to give your readers an idea of what they can expect.. Making the decision to start a blog is easy.
What is the format of a blog?
Make things easy on your readers by using a logical layout for your blog posts. Each post should have a clear beginning, middle, and end, with plenty of headings and subheadings guiding readers along the way. Numbered lists are great because they automatically indicate how much of the article is left to read.
What is a blog?
A blog (a shortened version of “weblog”) is an online journal or informational website displaying information in reverse chronological order, with the latest posts appearing first, at the top. It is a platform where a writer or a group of writers share their views on an individual subject.